Becoming a CAP

If you did not see your agency on our active CAP list, your agency will need to complete the CAP application before you can register to become a Rent Well instructor. This process involves submitting some basic information about your agency, reviewing and acknowledging the terms of the agreement. Your application will be submitted to the Rent Well program for review. The minimum qualifications for a CAP are being a nonprofit, publicly funded, or governmental agency focusing on housing which is located in Oregon or Washington. If approved, you will receive an invoice for the one-time licensing fee of $200. If your agency doesn’t meet the minimum qualifications for becoming a CAP, the application will be denied, and you will not receive an invoice.

    General Agency Information

    Registered NonprofitPublicly Funded AgencyGovernmental Housing Provider

    Your Contact Information

    Liaison Contact Info

    The appointed liaison will act as your agency's main point of contact for the Rent Well program. The liaison is responsible for keeping student data recorded correctly & maintaining a list of their agency's active instructors.

    Tenant Education Rental Screening Information

    Thanks to our partnership with Pacific Screening, instructors at CAP agencies can have the ability to run tenant screens for their students, which include credit, criminal, and eviction histories. Students may have a copy of their screening report to see what a landlord might see. The reports are only to be used for educational purposes to counsel students on how better advocate for themselves when applying for housing. Please note that your agency will be invoiced $16/report. There is NO set-up fee for having a user account. Once the account is open, your agency is billed monthly only for the screens that are pulled during that month. Agencies are also allowed to pass the partial or full cost on to their students if your agency is unable to cover the cost; the students would pay the agency directly, and the agency would pay the monthly bill.

    Your instructors will need access to Pacific Screening accountsYour agency gets full rental reports through another agency.

    I acknowledge that I have read and understood all the information provided in the terms of service, and by submitting this application I, on behalf of my agency, agree to the terms of service and to the policies and procedures it has outlined.