The Tenant Educator Academy
The Rent Well Program partners with nonprofits, publicly funded agencies, and governmental organizations with housing-focused mission statements. Through these partnerships, the Rent Well program trains these agencies’ staff members to provide the curriculum and education at their own agency. These Community Agency Partners, or CAPs, can have staff members attend training for professional development in the housing services field or have staff members become fully certified Rent Well instructors for their agency.
A partnership with Rent Well can provide your agency with:
- An extensive 20-hour online training on topics such as housing barriers, reviewing background reports, helping individuals create their own housing portfolios, an in-depth understanding of rental documents, knowledge about the eviction process, and critical information about local landlord-tenant laws.
- Access to ongoing trainings and materials related to landlord-tenant law.
- A partnership with Pacific Screening, a local rental screening company, providing Rent Well instructors and students access to at-cost instantaneous background reports.
- A curriculum aligned with the Oregon Rent Guarantee Program standards.
- The ability to purchase pre-made student materials directly from the Rent Well Program.
Case Manager vs. Certified Instructor Tracks
There are two tracks available to housing advocates; the primary difference being whether an attendee plans to use the information to instruct a class at their agency.
This track is available to individuals who would like to have more training and knowledge in the housing field to provide to clients in a one-on-one case-management setting without teaching ongoing classes. This track is designed for Case Managers or Advocates who are either new to the field or who want additional tools into their advocacy toolbox. CAP partnership is not required to take the Case Manager course.
This track is geared toward CAP staff members who would like to teach Rent Well courses to clients at their agency. This track provides individuals with the curriculum plus all the behind-the-scenes Rent Well course set-up and administration information. A Certified Instructor needs to be tied to an approved CAP. Check if your agency is already a CAP, or apply here.
The Tenant Educator Academy Benefits
Case Manager Track
Certified Instructor Track
20 hours of instruction on the student materials
2.5 hours of training on trauma-informed
An Instructor Manual which includes the
Access to course materials
Access to an online instructor forums
Ability to running background reports
Ability to teach Rent Well classes
Ability to provide graduates with certificates and
On-going technical support
Already a Certified Instructor?
If you are already a certified Rent Well instructor, you now have access to our Rent Well Instructor Portal with course information, class materials, an online instructor community forum, and so much more. Log in HERE to access your instructor portal.