The LONG wait is finally over! The Rent Well Program has completed the development of the online course, secured a grant to allow 5,000 students a year to take the class for free, and hired on some fantastic staff to support students through the course if I do say so myself. The next step is to open the eCourse enrollment process. Let’s do this!
What does the enrollment process look like?
Opening the enrollment process means that anyone can complete an enrollment assessment for the eCourse. The assessment form will ask a series of questions about yourself, your rental history, and what potential barriers do you have when it comes to renting. We ask these questions so we can have a better idea of how to help you through the course, and if this course is a good fit for you.
Once you submit the information, it gets sent to our team! We review the information and if approved we will pair you with one of our talented Support Specialists. Your Support Specialist will be there to support you throughout the course. They will help to keep you motivated through the 15-hour course, help you create a housing portfolio that rocks any property manager’s socks off, and answer any questions that you have.
Because we don’t currently have 5,000 Support Specialists to be devoted solely to every student (#goals) we will be thoughtfully and intentionally adding the assessment completed-and-waiting students into the eCourse throughout the year. That means that you might complete the assessment today, but it might be a couple of weeks until you get full access to officially begin the eCourse.
Once your number is called, your Support Specialist will reach out to you via email to introduce themselves and let you know the next steps.
Is there anything I can do while I wait for my Support Specialist to contact me?
Great question! I can see that you are a real go-getter. I like that about you. Yes, of course, there is something you can be doing to prep for this class! In order to graduate from the course you need to
- complete the entire eCourse and
- create a personal housing portfolio which is a collection of papers and documents that will really impress any future landlord.
What will go in your housing portfolio is:
- A sample rental application
- A copy of your ID or other identification documents
- A copy of income documents (current paystubs, SNAP letters, benefits letters, etc.)
- A personal rental cover letter to explain your current housing situation and let the landlord what a wonderful tenant you will be
- Reference letters from 3 individuals that can talk about your growth and why you would make such a great tenant
- Any other documents that you would want a landlord to have (Reasonable Accommodation request letters, Rental Assistance award letters, etc.)
- and lastly, your Rent Well Certificate.
Well in the meantime, this would be a great time to get ID, income, and additional documents ready to upload into your soon-to-be-super-fancy digital housing portfolio. You can even start thinking about who could write you a reference letter. You will have 90 days from the day you get access to the course to complete it and finish your housing portfolio, so why not get a head start on this?
Sign Me Up
Anyone can complete the assessment, and their information will be reviewed. We will start adding groups of students into the eCourse starting Wednesday, the 9th. If someone is accepted into the course, they will have 90 days to complete the eCourse and their housing portfolio.
We will begin with admitting 30 to 50 people into the course a week but may adjust that number depending on need and interest.
We look forward to seeing your information and hopefully working with you.