Rent Well, a program of Transition Projects, is a 15-hour tenant education program taught by certified instructors in Oregon and Washington. The course is typically taught in 3 to 6 weeks and covers key information and skills for becoming a responsible, successful, and stable tenant.
During this class, participants learn:
- to identify potential screening barriers,
- understand how and why a landlord will screen them,
- review important personal records; such as credit, civil, and criminal reports,
- create an individualized plan for stable housing,
- build a household budget that makes paying rent a priority,
- review rental agreements to understand common terms and expectations,
- understand the landlord’s perspective,
- communicate effectively with neighbors and landlords,
- move-in and move-out of rental units in a professional manner,
- understand the eviction process and how to avoid it, and
- maintain a clean, safe, and healthy home.
We believe that everyone deserves the right to live well, be well, and Rent Well.